Every fall, we host several days of events for alums and their families. Here's a recap of Alumni Weekend 2021:
- In three separate morning assemblies, we honored and heard from Distinguished Alumni Award recipients Andrea Stolz LaBarge ’70 and Kim Kuehner ’71; and Outstanding Alumni Award recipients Carolyn Kindle Betz ’95, Beau Willimon ’95 and Alec Lee ’76.
- We held art openings for this year's alum artists, Michael Marshall ’71 (whose work can be seen in the Kuehner Gallery), and Jon Bunge ’80, who has created an immersive installation, Presence, in the Bonsack Gallery. Michael was unable to come to St. Louis, but Jon came to install his show and speak with faculty, students and fellow alums about his work.
- We dedicated the Antonio V. Glassberg Outdoor Classroom (a reunion gift from the class of '96) and planted three ginkgos and a magnolia at the Price Road entrance (a reunion gift from the class of '71).
- We hosted reuning classes and all local alums for an on-campus cocktail & food truck party as well as a family picnic.
- We gathered in Haertter Hall to remember former Head of School, Ed Cissel.
- We dedicated the Lt. Roz Schulte '02 Field during halftime of the girls varsity field hockey game, and paid tribute to JBS Women in Coaching, honoring female coaches who have inspired JBS athletes (including Roz) for 20+ years: Beth Kinsella, Ellen Port, Margaret Altvater Clark '73, Susie Greditzer, Skippy Keefer, Claudia Decker Dougherty, Leslie Kehr and Chris Bugnitz.
To see photos of this incredibly busy (and celebratory) weekend, check out this video!