FAQs About the JBS Plan
Every morning, students, faculty and staff are screened when they arrive. Their day proceeds as normally as possible but with important adjustments in the setup of classrooms and common spaces; how we organize assembly, lunch and PE/athletics; and how we ensure safe free time. Our cleaning protocols and equipment have been enhanced to ensure thorough sanitizing and ventilation of all spaces on an ongoing basis. All of these procedures will remain in place as we gradually increase the number of students on campus for full-time, in-person learning.
As currently planned, we will discontinue the hybrid learning model at the end of April—when all of our seniors will have completed classes and students in other grades will all be welcome to either learn remotely full-time or return to campus full-time.
- What is the schedule for returning students to campus, full-time for in-person learning?
- What is driving the school’s decision to return to in-person learning?
- What if we prefer that our student/s continue learning from home?
- Who should we notify if our student wants to transition from 100 percent remote learning to full-time, in-person learning—or vice versa?
- Why not move to three feet of social distancing?
- How will everyone fit on campus, while maintaining six feet of social distancing?
- How are you going to ensure social distancing, especially with more kids on campus?
- Has the CDC changed its quarantining standards to 7 days with a test or 10 days? If so, why are we requiring 14 days?
- If you are vaccinated, are you still required to quarantine if you come into close contact with a positive case?
- Under what circumstances would we return to all-remote learning?
- When to stay home?
- What constitutes exposure?
- Will there be daily health screenings at JBS?
- When to return to school after an illness or suspected exposure?
- What should a student, faculty or staff member do if they begin to have COVID-19 symptoms?
- How will we learn about positive cases on our campus?
- How will the school conduct contact tracing and communicate with the JBS community?
- If a student, faculty or staff member tests positive for COVID-19, what will be the impact on the campus?