Recent Athletic Projects
As part of the Board of Trustees' five-year strategic plan, the administration and Board identified several improvements to strengthen the school's athletic facilities. These improvements impact our field hockey, golf, lacrosse, squash, swimming, diving and water polo programs, at all levels—and, as a bonus, provide additional parking to support all of these activities. These enhancements also provide much-needed flexibility for the varsity teams, PE program, middle school teams and youth sports program.
- A GOLF PRACTICE AREA north of the tennis courts was completed in spring 2019, and further enhancements are underway.
- A NEW PARKING LOT off Clayton Road, netting about six dozen additional parking spaces was completed in December 2019. Soon after, we widened the exit to Clayton Road so that there are two full lanes—one for left turns and one for right turns.
- As part of the scheduled replacement of synthetic turf on the FIELD HOCKEY FIELD, we expanded the field to support practice and regulation play for LACROSSE. A spectator pavilion was also added. This project was completed in fall 2020.
- A new NATATORIUM, including an eight-lane regulation pool, new locker rooms and a 200-seat viewing area, opened in November 2020.
- We built four regulation SQUASH COURTS, along with additional flexible court space and a viewing area, on the old pool footprint, which opened in December 2020.
We are grateful for the early and generous support of these projects by more than 60 families (past and present). While these initial gifts do not cover the full cost of the project, we hope that more families will be inspired to give once all projects are underway. Please contact Ginger Imster if you would like to learn more or get involved: firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-993-4045 ext. 256.